Does your team do self-shows?
Then this is it. This is the newsletter you’ve been waiting for.
Real Automated ID Approval Is Here (in Beta)
It goes like this:
- Read about and sign up for the Automated Identity Document Verification Beta (if you haven’t already).
- Switch the review option to email for review only when auto-verification fails.
- Kick back and relax. ShowMojo will only send along the documents that don’t smell like daffodils and honey.
We considered making that a singalong jingle. Regrettably, there is no karaoke venue open late enough nor sufficiently stocked to have made that ok.
Follow the button to get started. This feature set is completely free (and we intend to keep it that way).
It Is Still a Beta
We are far enough down the road to document scanning nirvana (and in search of a Tesla Autopilot joke that doesn’t end up wrapped around a tree) that we’ve made this feature available to all accounts.
Nonetheless, any automated identity approval is a risk-versus-reward decision that will be different for each company. No fraud prevention (automated or human) is truly foolproof, much less good enough for every situation.
However, if your ShowMojo account has been set to auto-approve identity documents prior to today, we very strongly recommend joining the beta and switching to this significantly lower-risk option.
Many thanks to the happy horde of ShowMojo accounts that have already joined the Automated Identity Document Verification Beta.
It’s been a resounding success with tens of thousands of IDs scanned.
Thanks to All of You
The learnings have been huge. Based on our own experience:
- We’ve documented Best Practices When Reviewing Identity Documents (read it).
- We’ve learned Canada truly is a security risk (see below).
- We’re hard at work on many more great updates for beta and non-beta participants (so never skip a ShowMojo newsletter).
Ok … so … Canadian phone numbers are a security risk … not Canada. That’s because Canadian privacy laws won’t let us see if the phone numbers are mobile or something else. In all seriousness (admittedly sometimes difficult to divine in our newsletters) the ShowMojo creative writing team is a staunch steadfast supporter of privacy. This beta helped us uncover a loophole somewhere in the vicinity of Canada and we un-looped it. And, really, we do love Canada.
New to ShowMojo?
If you’re not a ShowMojo customer and still reading this then come on — it must be time.